Updating social security card

Check your social security card for the statement "Not valid for work without INS authorization." This statement appears on some social security cards issued to permanent residents.

While this is not a deterrent to getting a job, it can elongate the process, putting off employers.

After confirming your information you will have to swear all information is correct.

If possible, please include the incorrect Social Security Number or temporary file number (P number) in your request so that we can easily access your information.You will need to go to a local SSA office to correct the information SSA has on its database so that the information on both DMV's and SSA's databases match.You may not start a noncommercial Class A, B, or C driver license application or an ID card application without providing an SSN to DMV.Richard Ludwig has been a writer for over eight years and has had his work published in "Co-Ed Magazine," the "East Manatee County Observer" and the Disaster and Recovery e-magazine.He received journalism and sociology degrees from the University of South Florida.

Leave a Reply